Gunner

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:50:27 GMT, "SteveF" wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:09:08 -0000, "PR"
wrote:

"Armed police shoot errant sheep" :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4088497.stm

They simply couldnt toss a rope around its neck and drag it away?

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Your max effective range with a lasso is less than 10 feet (those rodeo boys
are lassoing a calf that is running directly away in a known straight line,
not the same) When a sheep of that size doesn't want to be caught you are
out of luck because they won't let you get that close. They aren't bright
but they can outrun and outturn you easily and don't have handles (then
there's the lanolin issue). Had five of ours get loose, one was found dead
along side the road. Finally managed to get a neighbor with a trained sheep
dog to herd the remaining four into a small fenced in area. Then had the
dog chase them past us one by one so we could lasso them as they went by
which seemed like it took about an hour.

I hate frickin' sheep.

Steve.

10 feet? Blink blink....

Hummm I must be a worlds record holder than.....