Doug Kanter

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

4. Pump out crawlspace - I may require a permanent sump on this house -

call
before final inspection so I can come look at it again.
Wait and see what the builder will do.

Bob

You are fine. If the inspector is on top of the problem, the problem will
be resolved with grading or with a sump pump. Either will solve your
problem. Most of us would prefer grading but sometimes sumps are required
in crawls. They usually last years and are not hard or expensive to

replace.
You can even add a $15 alarm to let you you know if it ever fails.

I don't have a clue as to what items 1 or 2 were either. But you can bet
that the building inspector will make sure it is fixed.

Colbyt

For what it's worth, in the past couple of months, 3 people have told me
that there are now sump pumps whose innards are operated by water pressure,
not electricity. Sounds interesting.