Allan Adler

Allan Adler writes:

(DoN. Nichols) writes:
I'm not sure which recent Unimat is which -- but at least one of
them is good for nothing more durable than plastics, from what I have
read.

I was thinking of getting it from Edmund Scientific. I have been operating
on the assumption that it is ok for wood, plastics and at least some
non-ferrous metals.

I was so taken aback by the suggestion that all my plans were based on
a false assumption that I took another look at the Edmund Scientific
catalogue. Here is what it says about the lathe module of the Unimat 1:
"Module #3 Metals and Plastics Lathe: Works with soft metal, non-ferrous
metal, precious metal and plastics."

Regarding wood, Module #1 is a small woodturning attachment.

I wonder whether there is any chance that the Frog could be made to work
with the Unimat 1.
--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler