Appliance Repair Aid

billg wrote:
Appliance Repair Aid Wrote:
G'day,
Jeff,

Do you treat the nuts or gaskets with anything? It seems that all

of
us were able to tighten the nuts which would indicate that they had
come lose - after waching it run, you can see the drum goes through
some increadable vibrations with every load.

On some older plumbing I was told to cover the seals with vasoline

- Is
it neccessary to do something like this to the gasket?

Thanks,
Bill G.

--
billg

Hi,

The gasket needs nothing, but a little lock tight on the bolts doesn't
hurt. Most that we see are a bad bearing so we are changing the back
1/2 of the outer tank anyay = nice clean/tight holes for the bolts.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=936915
O-Ring between front and rear outer tubs.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/