Gunner

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:19:13 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Chuckle..the prison warden was approached and being something of a gun
fan, allowed Williams to construct and test fire the weapon in the
prisons workshop. He also aided him in getting Remington and others
to look at the design and the rest is history.

As I understood it (but I am basing it on the movie, starting James
Stewart), Williams designed it in solitary to keep from going bonkers, then
started building it on his breaks. From the movie, I take it that Mr
Williams was your basic cantankerous American who didn't think much of
being told what to do or not to do by government employees.

http://faceprint.com/~walpd/gen/moor...n_pate_03.html

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas