Bob

You were right. It is probably too soon to complain but I was just bit
nervous when I saw that water down there.

I went to the site today after work and found two new inspection reports on
the wall.

On 12/9 electrical inspection report the city inspector scribbled a few
lines that I couldn't read - basically OK.

On 12/8 report, a different inspector was also concerned with the water, see
item 4:

1. block braced wall panels in garage
2. 6 foot or larger opening need double tra????s under heater @ each end. -
this has been called out consistently and needs to be fixed.
3. glass broken over front window needs to be finished
4. Pump out crawlspace - I may require a permanent sump on this house - call
before final inspection so I can come look at it again.
5. Strap stud wall where dryer duct severs it.
6 Anchor gas pipe main run in garage - when this is done I will sign the gas
tag - saw pressure @ 15 LBS.

Don't understand 1 and 2, though.

Wait and see what the builder will do.

Bob

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

SNIP

Bob,
I caught this thread late. Relax. Breathe deeply.

It is normal to have problems during construction that do not happen
later.
I had a foot of water in my basement before the yard was graded and the
sump
pump added. It has been bone dry for 10 years now.

When the builder says the house is finished is the time to worry about
these
items if they still exist and DEMAND that they be corrected before you
close. To discuss them now other than to say I am sure this won't still be
problem when you are finished makes you a "nervous Nellie".

You will get a lot better quality if you take notes and wait for the
people
to finish their jobs before you complain. The only exception to that rule
is where something is completely contrary to what you agreed to purchase
or
is being done in an unworkmanlike manner.

Have a peaceful day.

Colbyt