Leo Van Der Loo

Hello Mac

Mac if you do not make turnings bigger than say 16" D you will in my
opinion be better off with the Talon, the shaft size on the Shopsmith is
only 5/8" D., I think, Right ?
And I would not put on more weight than needed, it takes away from the
weight and size of the wood you will be able to turn, The steadiness of
the Shopsmith is not that great to start of with, I understand ?
And yes the Stronghold is one heck of a chuck, if you want/need more
holding power, go for the Stronghold.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

mac davis wrote:

Need help again... thanks for the advice before!

I was about to buy the One-way Talon on sale at shopsmith....
$191 including adapter for shopsmith adapter...

Snip