Bubba

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:24:03 GMT, "Martik" wrote:

$1250.00

ps: cabinet work hours appear on the high side for work listed (although I
don't doubt you actually spent 60 hours on it)

Good guess, I asked them to pay whatever they felt comfortable with. They
paid $1000 cash PLUS all the materials and special tools. The cabinet work
would take 1/2 the hours next time as I will never again trust latex to
adequately hide stained wood. They are an elderly couple without much money
so I wasn't concerned with making alot of money. I would have gladly
accepted 1/2 that amount.

With regard to the critical replies, remember this was a charitable job, I
would always provide a written estimate for a 'market rate' job.

You know what Mark? The more I read, the more your post is turning to
****. First you are going to charge them, then it becomes a
"Charitable" job?? Do you know the definition of Charity? Then you
say they are an elderly couple without much money. They gave you $1000
but you say you would have taken half? Why half? It would be because
$500 is all you thought your work was worth, would it? You spent 60
hrs on cabinets that would have taken you 30 or less hours if you
hadn't screwed up using latex on kitchen cabinets. A pro would have
taken less than half that time. Then they had to pay for all materials
and specialty tools?! A pro would have had all the tools.
Have you given them back the other $500 that you would have gladly
only accepted in the first place? No. I didnt think so.
Sorry pal. I dont think much of what you have done. Either its a job
or its a charity case. It doesnt work both ways. Crook, Gyipsy,
Bandit..........There is all kinds of words for what you did.
Bubba