Colbyt

"Bob" wrote in message

SNIP

Bob,
I caught this thread late. Relax. Breathe deeply.

It is normal to have problems during construction that do not happen later.
I had a foot of water in my basement before the yard was graded and the sump
pump added. It has been bone dry for 10 years now.

When the builder says the house is finished is the time to worry about these
items if they still exist and DEMAND that they be corrected before you
close. To discuss them now other than to say I am sure this won't still be a
problem when you are finished makes you a "nervous Nellie".

You will get a lot better quality if you take notes and wait for the people
to finish their jobs before you complain. The only exception to that rule
is where something is completely contrary to what you agreed to purchase or
is being done in an unworkmanlike manner.

Have a peaceful day.

Colbyt