Bob

Hi,

Thanks for all the input.
I did talk to the agent of the builder. She said there is water because
grading has not been done and the downspouts haven't been connected to the
pipes at all. Maybe she was right. At the back side of the foundation wall
there is standing water near the walls after rain (the backyard is higher,
sloping down towards the front). She assured me after the construction is
complete there will be no water.

Earlier the builder specifically told me he would make a swale in the
backyard so the grading slows away in the back. The swale would go on to the
two sides and lead the water to the front then to the street. The agent
comfirmed he would do it later. I mentioned to her that the crawlspace needs
to be dry when wood floor is installed. She said flooring should be last
stage of construction by that time grading should have been done but she
wan't sure when exactly the grading would be done she would check with the
buider.

I still don't know where the drain pipes lead to. I walked around the house
but did not see the "outlet". Only a few pipes (no fabric covering) sticking
upward - I assume these will be connected to downspouts later. The agent
doesn't know either but she will check with builder.

All this doesn't sound as bad. Maybe it is just normal to have some water in
the crawlspace **DURING** the contruction???

Our city does have a building department. They automatically sends inspector
to any new construction. They go to the contruction site at different times
and every time they put an inspection report on the wall - at early stage
like footing, foundation, they just put it on the ground. I have seen a few
of them. Most are OK. There were a few small issues like "Plumbing Ok but
this PEX pipe need to be strapped" etc. The biggest issue I have seen on my
house was "gas pipe pressure 10psi. should be at least 15psi. call for
re-inspection when corrected". But I haven't seen a report on the water.

Thanks again.

Bob