mac davis

Default Lathe Chuck question:

Need help again... thanks for the advice before!

I was about to buy the One-way Talon on sale at shopsmith....
$191 including adapter for shopsmith adapter...

Saw the other one-way, the stronghold, there for $249 on sale...

I have a bid in on ebay for a used stronghold, and was wondering if
there was any "downside" to getting what looks like the larger model,
over the Talon..

Shopsmith didn't list jaw size or anything for either chuck, but said
that the Stronghold was larger and had "more mass for shock
absorbtion"..
I translate that as putting up with my clunks and catches....

I know that 2 or 3 folks here recommended the Talon, but any good/bad
opinions of the Stronghold?
thanks,
mac

Real men don't buy kindling, they make it themselves out of exotic
woods, on machines costing thousands of dollars..