mac davis

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 01:30:59 -0600, Morris Dovey
wrote:

Michael Dombrowski wrote:

Yes, but there are many tools that have been regarded here for years as
worth the money and I'm just wondering if there is a list of them
somewhere. As you point out, the dust collector is one of those.

I've bought and been satisfied with HF's:

* Dust Collector
* 3/8" Corded VSR Drill
* 3/8" Rechargable 18v Drill
* 18ga Pneumatic Brad Nailer
* Pneumatic Pop Riviter
* Pneumatic Drill (works great for pocket holes!)
* Electric Cut Out Tool
* Hand Truck (converts into cart)
* Furniture Dollies
* Right Angle Grinder
* 36" Clamps
* 3/4" Pipe Clamps
* 4" and 6" C-Clamps
* Drill Press Vises (one small, one large)
* Air hose reel and several hoses
* Pneumatic couplings
* Small Pliers Set
* Punch Set
* 115-Bit TiN Drill Set (but /flimsy/ index!)
* Horizontal (metal cutting) Bandsaw
* Fold-Up Trailer (with 4x8 load area)

I've bought and not been happy with HF's:

* Pneumatic Body Saw (trouble starting)
* 10" Bench Disk Sander (disk wobbles, table damaged)
* Nut Driver Set (round sockets)

I had the same problem with their body saw...
Gave it to my kid, who's a mechanic in the army and uses a compressor
with a much higher cfm than my HF compressor does... worked fine for
him..