Simon Avery

Default Toilet Cistern - where's the overflow

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

Hello Harvey

HVS| Sounds odd; are you sure there isn't an overflow hole out
HVS| the side of the cistern, up towards the top?

Not with the new ones. Makes it a lot easier and neater to fix,
especially on internal walls.

HVS| I'm not positive about this, , but I *think* close-coupled
HVS| tanks have an upstand pipe that overflows out the bottom, as
HVS| it were, whilst low- rise and high-rise cisterns have the
HVS| overflow hole higher up, on the side.

I have the same cistern - it has four holes:

1. Water entry. Bottom.
2. Flush out - Bottom.
3. Handle hole.
4. The big hole in the top under the lid... (Plus a couple of screw
holes)

That's it - no conventional overflow at all.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/