Martin H. Eastburn

Richard J Inch wrote:

GTO69RA4 writes:

Not clear why there is this "dropbox" thing at all, like it was a BBS
in 1980. Some reason these files on the Web can't be Web pages?

If folks don't want to or can't host their own photos and/or write
pages for them, there's the Dropbox.

Obviously. The question is, why the clumsy FTP-style interface, why are
they not arranged into single HTML pages by topic. You have to click at
least 2N times to look at N photos for just 1 topic. XYZ.txt and XYZ_1.jpg
thru XYZ_N.jpg should all be viewable in one XYZ.html.

How I do it is look at the text file and see the file names.
Then modify the file name in the viewer and bam the picture - then modify for the next.

If I want said set, I do a RMB - that is Right Mouse Button - and do a save as to file name.

This could be overly controlled java driven but the site is provided at no cost and
is just fine for most of us.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn