dadiOH

Fred wrote:
One of the folks replied to this and I accidentally deleted his
message in mid stream. He was talking about changing the grooves and
putting something at angle..... didn't quite get it because I was
looking up every other word in the dictionary....

Anyway, would you mind sketching out your idea and posting somewhere,
like at...

I don't draw well but here's what I wrote...

"The bottom piece will trap water. Not good even if you use pressure
treated. You could mitigate that by making a rabbet rather than a
dado in the bottom piece, sloping the bottom of the rabbet a bit,
using solid lattice and nailing the bottom of the lattice into the
edge of the rabbet."

Basically, instead of this...
___ ____
| | _| |
|________|

this...
_____
____| |

with the bottom of the rabbet sloped out board so it will drain. The
idea of using a grooved piece of plastic for the bottom is good too but
I'd drill weep holes into it.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...