robdingnagian1

You didn't mention a lathe. I just received a Jet Mini lathe for my
birthday and am really looking forward to learning to turn wood. It was
only about $195 + $50 for the bed extension from Amazon after their $25
Jet discount. If he has one, maybe some nice turning tools.

Also, the Grr-Ripper System safety device (push block) is really cool.
Lee Valley has the best price at about $59. It runs about $69
everywhere else. Rockler has the base unit and it may seem cheaper but
factor in the attachment kit and it is more.

Additionally, if he doesn't have one, the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig kit is
very handy for about $130- $140.

One thing I am coveting and you could mention this to my wife is a big
tool chest. There is a good sale at Sears with a coupon for super saver
days that brings a Grip Latch Ball Bearing set down to about $450.
That would be pretty sweet. Does your husband have good tool storage?

By the way, you are a great SWMBO to think of and encourage his hobby
for gifts. My wife does the same and its great. Many wives don't.
Good luck,

Eric T