"gradstdnt" skrev i en meddelelse
oups.com...
I figured someone would notice that I cheated a bit. Yes, there is a
ratchet strap lifting a portion of the load. I do realize these are
designed to tie down, not up. The straps are indeed10,000 lb rated and
more than capable. The little strap you see is only holding the skid
on. I did ensure my setup was capable beforehand in the garage by
actually lifting the assembly with the knee and saddle in place. The
final move was lighter minuse those items. The biggest lift was from
the sidewalk to the porch. The rest of the trip any failure would have
meant a drop of about an inch.

Although the lift wasnt that big you may want to imagine the pain of parking
that load on your toe:-)

Or even worse... The pain of getting slammed in the face with a fryingpan by
an angry wife after the base of the mill tore a hole in the basement wall
because the ratchet strap let go while you were lowering the base down the
flight of stairs..

I work with stage rigging on the side and was taught never to use ratchet
straps for anything but tying speakerstacks down on the stage or in the
truck... Real slings or chain is the only solution..

/peter