Pete C.

I'd suggest soaking overnight in penetrating oil then running the
generator a bit to warm the head and then apply some ice to the pipe to
hopefully shrink it a bit and break loose any rust remaining.

Pete C.

Ignoramus21494 wrote:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:01:15 -0500, dlu wrote:
Ignoramus21494 wrote:
I have a generator to which some genius attached a 1 1/4" NPT
non-galvanized elbow, on the exhaust manifold. This elbow is now
rusted and is firmly stuck. I doubt that never-seez or some such was
used.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/onan/Diesel/home/exhaust/

I wonder how to unstick it in the safest way. I am thinking to use PB
Blaster to loosen threads a bit, then I would attach a 12 inch "pipe
nipple", and use that as a lever. What I am concerned is that such a
heavy torque from that levering action could damage the manifold
attachment or engine. Any thoughts?

I'll bet it comes right out with a pipe wrench and the pb blaster.

Thanks. I will give it a shot tonight. It will be a final generator
test day today, as I will hopefully receive the solenoid and new
mounts. I am also building a super cushioned moving platform for it,
pictures to be posted soon.