Tim Killian

Thanks for the pictures! You're living proof that we're limited mainly
by our preconceptions and fears.

If it were me, I'd have hired a contractor to cut a hole in the basement
wall!

gradstdnt wrote:

I put some pictures in the dropbox that outline the process I used to
move
a Supermax YCM-40 CNC knee mill into my basement. This is a beefier
version of
a Bridgeport with bigger base, saddle, knee, and box ways. The head is
also
solidly attached to the ram so it went down as one piece. A Brideport
would have
been easier since you can handle the head and ram seperately. Total
machine
weight with control is approx 3000lbs. The base being the biggest is
probably
close to 1000 lbs. I don't have a walkout basement so it all went
through my
front door and down a flight of stairs. This basically answers the age
old
question of "can I move a Bridgeport into my basement". The response
should be
how bad do you want one down there? The move went very smoothly and
without issue.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/ Mill_to_Basement

Fifteen pictures posted of Mill to Basement. Pictures 11 through 15
kind of got
lost a tad bit down the list.