Stephen Gilkes

Default Moving BT master socket, is this frowned upon?

The socket is not quite as you say it should be but I think the procedure is
the same.

I have put a couple of pics of the socket on the web he

http://www.gilkesy.co.uk/btsocket

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:59:36 -0000, "Stephen Gilkes"
wrote:

If I'm just going to run an extension from the master sockets ( I have 2
lines). Can I access the master sockets or do i have to use an extension
cable that pulgs in to the front of the master socket.

You undo the two screws in the front of the master socket and the
bottom half of the faceplate will pull away. On the rear of this are
the required terminals for connecting to extension wiring.

Someone told me that
I cant use the black external cable anyway as it is missing a wire.

Not true, you need 3 wires per line, so if you are running two lines
on the extension cabling you need 3 pair cable, (6 wires). You can get
cable in different cores, maybe someone told you of his experience
assuming it was a standard cable that they had. For reference
purposes, I have just fitted some 50pair cable for 48 digital
extensions, that may be a little ott for your needs but you can go as
large as you like.
..

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.