mike ring

"nightjar" wrote in
:

The fuse in the plug is only there to limit the current flowing in the
flex. If the flex is rated at 13 amps, then a 13 amp fuse is quite
correct.

At last a reference to what we learnt when God was a lad.

"Fuse for the cable"

I think this rush to 3A is a bit of an overkill - has this group suddenly
gone politically correct and joined Nanny state ofr the manufacturers'
benevolent club.

Even failing lightbulbs often take out a 3A fuse, and they've got a builtin
fuse!.

5A will do for me.

The consumption of the TV is irrelevant to the rating of the
fuse in the plug. The TV should have its own internal overcurrent
protection, matched to its actual consumption.

I don't think I'd go *that* far

Nothing modifies the other posters good sense that overfusing is very
dangerous unless the cable and appliance are appropriate

mike