Jyestyn

Lobster wrote:
I have a plumber who works for me on occasions, doing work which has
included fitting gas boilers. This guy is now actually retired after

lifetime's plumbing, therefore doesn't have a CORGI ticket; so I have

had
the gas installations CORGI'd subsequently in order to remain

properly above
board.

So far so good; but today he tells me that he won't be able to fit

any more
boilers now due to new rules coming in in the new year. This is the

first
I've heard of this, can anyone enlighten me? He reckons that when

you buy a
new boiler after January, you'll need to sign your life away or

something,
and provide full details of who'll be fitting it etc etc; evidently

he's
been frightened off by this. He also told me about Part P

(electrical) in
the same breath, which I knew about, but which makes me think his

source may
be reliable.

Can anybody tell me more about this? I'm hoping to be able to

convince my
plumber friend he's wrong!

Thanks
David

Whilst browsing in the plumbing section of my local B+Q shed this
afternoon, I
came across a label attatched to a shelf displaying gas boilers. It
stated
that it is illegal for a gas boiler to be installed by an individual
unless
he/she is registered with CORGI. Maybe they check the customers corgi
card
when the boiler is presented at the till. ;-)