Tom Veatch

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:23:20 -0700, s wrote:

prolly chaiwanese.

but then, so is most of delta's line these days. maybe delta parts
will fit it.

so post pics. and plug it in and make sumpthin' already.

Googled "Professional Woodworker" and from the results kinda figgered it was a
Homier product. And, in little bitty letters, there's a "Made in China". Don't
need any repairs, yet. But, since I've never owned a lathe before, I'll be
needing turning tools and possibly a faceplate, chuck, etc. Hopefully, it's a
standard screw thread I'm dealing with.

Can't make nothin' yet since my workshop is currently in one mell of a hess.
Started a project to expand the workshop building to make room for a
tractor/equipment shed and some additional workshop floor space.

Today is maybe the 4th day since we opened the foundation in mid October that it
hasn't been raining or snowing. The ground is so muddy and slick that walking
around is a real exercise in keeping your balance. Not to mention building up
your thigh muscles due to the 20# of clay firmly attached to each shoe. My shoes
haven't been inside the house for over a month. But we did get the foundation
and equipment shed floor poured. The shop subfloor and DC ducting is in, wall
framing is almost complete and the roof trusses are on site. Expect delivery of
the cyclone later this week or first of next week.

Now if just won't rain before the ground dries enough to get a crane on site to
place the trusses (32' span is more than I want to try to raise by hand) we can
get the roof framed. We plan on stripping the siding off the adjoining wall on
the existing building this afternoon so we can complete framing the new walls.

This has to have been the wettest Autumn in Wichita history.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA