BigWallop

Default Where to get damp proofing cream?

"Grunff" wrote in message
Niel A. Farrow wrote:
I recently asked about the new damproofing cream. Not much response. I
searched the web but not much info there.

Anyone suggest where to get info from, or missed my last question and

can
offer some opinions about it.

WTF is damp proofing cream? What part of the body is it applied to?

--
Grunff

I think it's this stuff :

http://www.safeguardchem.com/Damp/dryzone.htm

but as far as I've seen and heard, it's garbage, and only stays local to
where it is applied instead of spreading out like the thick jelly injection
stuff that penetrates in to the stonework better, and can actually push out
the moisture that's already there.

I've also heard of a new technique which is beginning to take over on the
continent. Seemingly it consists of wedging the stonework and digging out
the old mortar, then replacing it with a damp proofing mortar that is
injected in to where the old mortar was removed. I think they're using it
on some of the older historical buildings just now to stop any further rot
taking place and still not spoil the look of the outer face of the property.
If it passes all the tests, it might be something worth looking into in the
future as it sounds like a good idea.