Lobster

Default New regs for who can fit gas boilers??

I have a plumber who works for me on occasions, doing work which has
included fitting gas boilers. This guy is now actually retired after a
lifetime's plumbing, therefore doesn't have a CORGI ticket; so I have had
the gas installations CORGI'd subsequently in order to remain properly above
board.

So far so good; but today he tells me that he won't be able to fit any more
boilers now due to new rules coming in in the new year. This is the first
I've heard of this, can anyone enlighten me? He reckons that when you buy a
new boiler after January, you'll need to sign your life away or something,
and provide full details of who'll be fitting it etc etc; evidently he's
been frightened off by this. He also told me about Part P (electrical) in
the same breath, which I knew about, but which makes me think his source may
be reliable.

Can anybody tell me more about this? I'm hoping to be able to convince my
plumber friend he's wrong!

Thanks
David