willshak

On 12/7/2004 9:52 AM US(ET), JW took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:19:32 -0500 willshak wrote in
Message id: :

On 12/6/2004 11:51 AM US(ET), JW took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 05:55:04 GMT "Fred"
wrote in Message id: Yicsd.678$S33.563@trnddc03:

The company must have been taken over by some Wall Street group to suck the
assets out of it, I don't know. Their stuff used to be quite good, but now
I wouldn't touch any of their stuff, sorry to say.

Ditto. My B&D coffepot's heating plate rotted out after 9 months or so,
and the little valve thing on the basket that allows you to get a cup
while it's brewing leaked like a sieve after 2 months.

My B&D coffee maker's LCD readout became very dim and couldn't be read.
I called B&D and they told me to cut off the power cord as close to the
machine as possible and send it to them. I did, and they sent me a new
coffee maker. I saved the old pot and other parts for spares.

I tried calling them, and the rep stated that if it still was functioning
there was nothing they could do. I told him that it was the last B&D
anything I'd ever buy. Like he cared...

My B&D was bought just after B&D bought out the GE line of small
appliances. It had replaced a similar GE coffee maker and the only
difference between the two was the B&D label. Perhaps they still had the
GE mindset at the time.