robdingnagian1

I bought some of their clamps at a Homier sale about five or six years
ago. I don't find many tools to be completely useless, but they make
the worst clamps in the world. The ends of bar clamps were basically
pop riveted on. C-Clamps were not much better. When they say you can't
have too many clamps, they didn't know about these. They were
worthless. I unloaded the bar clamps at a garage sale and vowed never
to buy from them or Homier again. Now I have mostly Rockler pipe clamps
and am coveting some Besseys.

I hope that you have better luck with the lathe. Value is in what you
can make out of it. If it doesn't work out as a lathe and the motor can
later be used for something else, what the heck?

Eric T

Tom Veatch wrote:
Anybody ever heard of "Professional Woodworker" branded tools?

Reason I ask is that I saw a virtually unused (or really well cleaned

up) lathe
at a garage sale last Sunday that carried that brand. Figured the

motor alone
was worth the asking price.

So now I own a lathe. Real basic. No creature comforts at all.

Partial
disassembly to change speeds. Tool rest and tailstock held down with

hex bolts
for which I don't have a big enough wrench. Well, Craftsman used to

make pretty
good wrenches.

Probably some Chiwanese import for which repair parts/accessories

don't exist.
But, what the heck, it's only money.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA