SQLit

"Ed" wrote in message
I am planning to replace my 40-gallon water heater and I want 80
gallon tank. I am living in VA. Plase give me advice - which tank
should I use. I don't want tankless - expensive and my family use
water all day long. Should I use GE, Marathon or something alse.
ED.

Changing from 40 to 80 WILL involve changing the piping. 80's are bigger and
taller.

Then you say no tankless, you already have decided that you want an 80
gallon unit so why bring this up? Tankless heat water on demand and would
meet your requirements.

How do you know you need and 80? Not enough hot water? Have you checked the
settings on the one you have? You might consider raising the temp on the
both elements and see if that helps. Remember the incoming water temp is
lower in the winter and takes longer to heat up.