Tom Veatch

Default "Professional Woodworker" brand tools

Anybody ever heard of "Professional Woodworker" branded tools?

Reason I ask is that I saw a virtually unused (or really well cleaned up) lathe
at a garage sale last Sunday that carried that brand. Figured the motor alone
was worth the asking price.

So now I own a lathe. Real basic. No creature comforts at all. Partial
disassembly to change speeds. Tool rest and tailstock held down with hex bolts
for which I don't have a big enough wrench. Well, Craftsman used to make pretty
good wrenches.

Probably some Chiwanese import for which repair parts/accessories don't exist.
But, what the heck, it's only money.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA