N. Thornton wrote:
(Tony Jackson) wrote in message

. com...
(N. Thornton) wrote in message
. com...

At the moment we have damp penetration due to the blown render
trapping water against the wall. I assume with bare brick and

proper
pointing this will cease?

In nearly all cases, yes. If its a weak 4" thick wall though, I would
be less sure. Even if the bricks are not in perfect condition, if
there arent too many broken they can generally be repaired in situ by
drilling a few small holes into the crack and injecting resin. In

some
cases its also an option to cut them in half in situ, and mortar them
just like 2 smaller bricks.

Pleased to hear that.

Thankfully the wall in question is 9" (not including plaster/render).
From removing some bricks that run lengthways across the width of the

wall (to run through waste pipe), the mortar appears to be in good
condition too.

Will continuing damp in the wall (while the render stays up) make the
lime mortar deteriorate?