Prometheus

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:07:15 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:15:55 GMT, "mark" wrote:

I know they're pricey, but has anyone tried the noise reduction phones from
Bose? I've heard my brother's pair (he uses them for traveling) but he's
never put them to any power tool test.

I've never tried the Bose ones, but if you're looking for something a
little less expensive, Koss makes a pair for around $20. The plugs
that come with the headphones (They are in-ear bud style) aren't
really very good as far as NRR goes, but you can get any pair of foam
earplugs, and put them on the phones as a replacement. I've tried a
bunch of different hearing protection, and finally just gave up and
use the regular foam earplugs (without the headphone) these days.
They do make your ears itch a bit for the first couple of months when
they're in, but your ears do get used to them eventually. The biggest
thing you can do to help with the itch is just to clean out your ears
everytime you get out of the shower.

I've used them in light aircraft, and see no reason why they wouldn't
work in a shop. I'd be nervous about dropping them.

However, earmuffs the cost of a 13" planer aren't my ideal solution.

Barry

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam