Old Nick

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:07:08 +1100, "Pat"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Thanks Old Nick, That was a winner. I now have what I was looking for.
Thanks all.

Pat

Just watch one thing with slopes. They can be tricky *******s. I got
into an argument with a Civil Engineer once, because his 1:3 slope was
different from my 1:3 slope. I am still not sure who said what or what
the accepted standard is. But one of us was measuring 3 up the hill,
then going up 1, the other was measuring 3 dead horizontal, then going
up 1. So we had different angles altogether.

Actually it was 1:2. I said 30 deg, because the in of 30 is 1/2. I
walk up the slope 2 metres and I will be higher by 1 metre. He said
26.6 degrees, because he would go straight along 2 metres then up one.
As far as I was concerned he was welcome to buy a trench dogger
whenever he was working uphiull, and skyhooks when going downward!
G.