Buck Turgidson

I can imagine. I like the orange bell-shaped plugs and use them
inverted, wide side in. Since I sleep with them (Damned neighbor
dogs), that way, my ears don't hurt in the morning. I sleep on my
side so I found that the wide part made the outer part of my ear
hurt when squished into a pillow for hours.

I never pack a suitcase without them either. I usually end up in a hotel
with a bunch of conventioneers. Once I ended up in a Louisville Hotel which
happened to be hosting the Kentucy State Funeral Director's convention.
Thet're a lively crowd....