RichardS

wrote in message ...
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
wrote:

Will ionisation smoke alarms be triggered by smokers? (I assume that
optical alarms almost inevitable will).

Ours aren't.

Your ionisation alarms or your optical alarms (or both maybe!)?

My guess is that in decreasing order of sensitivity alarms go Ionisation,
Optical and Heat Detectors.

There's got to be some solution to this - after all many hotels have smoke
detectors and also have smoking bedrooms. Why not call a manufacturer and
see what the suggest, of failing that your area's fire prevention officer?

As you've already said, over-sensitive alarms can be just as bad as no
alarms at all - after the 2nd or 3rd false alarm people start to put any
trigger down to a false alarm, which is not really what you want!

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk