Terry Pinnell

Terry Pinnell wrote:

Thanks both. I'll report back after his visit.

On examination, the replaced valve was identical in design to the old
(leaking) original. But this morning he replaced that again at my
request with a different type, similar to a 'Torbek', noted for being
quieter.

After fitting, it sounded only marginally quieter! So I suggested
reducing the mains flow. After I'd turned the main tap a quarter turn
further in, while still getting a decent direct flow at the kitchen
sink, the refill noise diminished drastically. (BTW, I'm surprised the
*plumber* didn't suggest this!)

I suspect the *first* replacement would probably have been
satisfactorily quiet if I'd adjusted the tap. But I'd made a point of
returning it to exactly the same position as before.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK