dadiOH

Fred wrote:

This is one idea I had. It's just to block the view, so it doesn't
have to be supported for kids climbing over, etc. And if it blows
down once in a while, no big deal. But pls let me know if this
looks like a good way to do it to you or whatever else you think
about it...

The bottom piece will trap water. Not good even if you use pressure
treated. You could mitigate that by making a rabbet rather than a
dado in the bottom piece, sloping the bottom of the rabbet a bit,
using solid lattice and nailing the bottom of the lattice into the
edge of the rabbet.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...