Bob Morrison

In a previous post Jeff Smith says...
I just rcently drew my own house plans and I have an engineer doing the
structural plans right now. Not sure if you mean directly stamping an owners
drawings or if you mean you wouldn't stamp drawings you drew and calculated
based upon an owners drawings, but I had no problems finding several
engineers that would take my owner builder drawings and produce and stamp a
set of structural drawings and calculations. It was pretty cheap too.

Jeff:

The procedure you describe is acceptable and I would do the job that way
myself. The OP was describing a scenario wherein he expected the
architect or engineer to stamp drawings prepared by the home owner.
That is the situation that is not allowed under most state laws.

BTW, I'm glad the process worked well for you. I try to set my fees low
enough to encourage home owners to take advantage of having an
engineered set of plans. Yet, I don't want to underprice the value of
the service received.

I guess I must be doing something right since I have consistently
maintained at least a 4 week backlog of work.

--
Bob Morrison
R L Morrison Engineering Co