On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:16:02 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
Howdy doody folks!

Wonder if some kind soul can give me some advice on this project...

I have a 5-foot high concrete block wall between my house and the neighbor
and we both would like to add some kind of 2-ft privacy extension on top
of
it.

This is one idea I had. It's just to block the view, so it doesn't have
be supported for kids climbing over, etc. And if it blows down once in a
while, no big deal. But pls let me know if this looks like a good way to
do
it to you or whatever else you think about it...

http://www.geocities.com/lexmark8792/fence.html

Thanks!

Looks like it will work. You may want to check zoning laws for maximum
height of a fence though. Even though the two of you want it, the nosey
bitch up the street may still turn you in.

Fred

In my city walls and fences around residential back yards are limited
to six feet. Not quite high enough. The common answer here is to plant
fast-growing hedges because there's generally no limit on height of
hedges in backyards unless it interferes with line of sight for
traffic.

I'm partial to various species of bamboo.

--RC

You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes