PJx

Bite the bullet and get your AC unit replaced at the same time.

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:11:21 -0500, John wrote:

Am replacing furnace with a high efficency American
Standard/Trane furnace, AUY080. The contractor suggested
replacing the evaporator A/C coil while the duct work is being
done inside, and we do plan to replace the outdoor a/c unit soon
(like in the spring).

Question: Does a Trane/A-S coil TXC036C4HPC0 coil have a thermal
expansion valve? If it doesn't (as I suspect) could one be added
-- if that will help the a/c system? Also, what Trane or A/S
outdoor unit would be best suited for this coil?

Thanks!