none

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:11:16 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"James Sweet" wrote in message

| Last thing, while at Lowe's I saw a Bosch reciprocating saw on sale
| for a Christmas promotion, and it was made in China!
|
| Doesn't surprise me, what's *not* made in China these days? I tried for a
| while to avoid buying Chinese stuff then finally gave up. Another side of
| this though, at the rate their economy is growing and ours (US) is
sinking,
| pretty soon it might not be cost effective to import from China and
perhaps
| either more stuff will be made here, or the Chinese stuff will improve
| similar to Japanese products of the 70's and 80's though I think it's more
| likely we'll just find some other third world country to build stuff.

It's worse than you think. What happens if some terrorist puts a WMD in a
container headed for the US? Or explodes it inside the borders?

First, they shut down all the ports. All containers now must be inspected,
and before they leave the export country. It takes time to set all that up.
Now all the longshoremen are out of work. Then Wal-Mart and others run out
of goods. Oops, there goes the largest employer in the USA - laying off 90%
of staff and what happens to the other chains? And its not like they can
start up US manufacture quickly, after shipping all the machinery overseas.
Other businesses start to buckle from the losses. Next the US dollar starts
to fall fast due to internal pressures and external insecurities. Who holds
all the paper? China for one, and they're hurting with no exports, so they
call the notes. Welcome to the crash of '29 - times 10.

Just more paranoid ramblings.