James Sweet

Last thing, while at Lowe's I saw a Bosch reciprocating saw on sale
for a Christmas promotion, and it was made in China!

Doesn't surprise me, what's *not* made in China these days? I tried for a
while to avoid buying Chinese stuff then finally gave up. Another side of
this though, at the rate their economy is growing and ours (US) is sinking,
pretty soon it might not be cost effective to import from China and perhaps
either more stuff will be made here, or the Chinese stuff will improve
similar to Japanese products of the 70's and 80's though I think it's more
likely we'll just find some other third world country to build stuff.