anonymous

mac davis wrote:

that looks like a great chuck, Jim... but way over my budget...
I think the hot glue might be the way to go for now... for $120 I
could buy her a lot of jars and lids.. lol

Mac, I don't recall where I got it (online) but the chuck I use daily is a
$50 4-jaw that works just fine. It has dovetailed jaws and opens to about
4", closes to a little under 2". That's good enough for anything I am
likely to turn on my under-powered 12x33 HF lathe.

I presently have a 6"+ dia x 14" footed bowl 'in process'. The chuck is
holding it in a recess just fine ... but I need more motor.

Bill