Jeff Smith

I just rcently drew my own house plans and I have an engineer doing the
structural plans right now. Not sure if you mean directly stamping an owners
drawings or if you mean you wouldn't stamp drawings you drew and calculated
based upon an owners drawings, but I had no problems finding several
engineers that would take my owner builder drawings and produce and stamp a
set of structural drawings and calculations. It was pretty cheap too.

-Jeff

"Bob Morrison" wrote in message
k.net...
In a previous post Alexander Galkin says...
Building inspector explained to me that structural changes must be

approved
and signed by a licensed architect. Who prepared them does not matter.

Alexander:

I don't know what state you are located in, but the building inspector
is not the last word on this issue. In fact, most don't know enough
about the state licensing laws and minimum design procedures to put in a
teacup. Ever heard of trying to do a "lateral analyst of one wall of
new addition". Patently ridiculous! Yet, that was the comment from the
building inspector.

I would NEVER put my seal on a set of drawings prepared by the owner.
That's a good way to lose one's license.

--
Bob Morrison
R L Morrison Engineering Co