Bruce

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:09:07 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote
(in article ):

I prefer the ear plugs and find them more comfortable than the ear-muffs.
Maybe if I found a set of muffs that didn't spring too tight and didn't
flatten my ears like little pancakes, I would have a different opinion. I
buy sets of 100 pairs of plugs and re-use each pair several times -- a box
lasts a long time.

I'm a target shooter and have always prefered the yellow foam in-the-ear
type. Much better for me since most muffs preclude wearing a brimmed hat and
I find I can hear fine (conversation, etc.) with them in.
_Everyone_ Is different WRT this however. The key is comfort and convenience,
if you don't like them you won't use them. Every high dB encounter causes
damage, even "just one more pass" with the planer without protection.

-Bruce