On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:13:07 GMT, Daniel Rudy
b0e1l2l3.4i5n6v7a8l9i0d1.2n3e4t5
wrote:

At about the time of 12/5/2004 5:04 AM, Edwin Pawlowski stated the
following:

. It had a keyless chuck. I have never
been fond of those things, but most hold if you burn the **** out of
your hand tightening them. Not this one. I dont hold anything.

Cheap keyless chucks are junk. OTOH, if you buy a $200 drill, they are
excellent.

Just goes to show you, you get what you pay for...usually. I'll spend
the money to by a quality peice of equipment that will give me years of
trouble free service vs. spending $20 for some chinese made peice of junk.

Depends what I need it for. Some stuff it's absolutely worth getting
quality. Snap-ring pliers for example. If I just need a cheap socket
set to keep in the car, the $30 set is fine. A brick chisel that I'll
never need again, a cheap chinese one is fine.

B&D makes a lot of Sears tools, btw. I agree that B&D quality has
gone down the toilet. I had a $30 Sears drill that endured 10 years
of abuse until I managed to snap the shaft driving lag bolts. An
equilvalent new replacement has plastic gears and would probably only
tolerant light use.

So far, I like Porter-Cable for medium quality tools. The circular
saw runs nice and quiet compared to many other I've tried.

-Chris