loutent

Hi Jerry,

It's great that you're thinking about this - I also work in the
basement with a lot of power tools. About 10 years ago, I decided
that I have to get used to wearing some hearing protection -
if not simply because both my parents gradually lost some
of their hearing as they aged.

I now wear something when I mow the lawn, use the power
washer or work in the shop. It's a no-brainer and simply
dumb not to - just like eye protection.

What to buy? I think anything is better than nothing. I
sort of set a -25 DB "standard" for myself and it seems
to work fine. If I see a -23 DB on sale, that's fine too.

About $15 at the BORG.

Like anything in audio, every DB costs exponential
$ in either direction.

Lou

In article cMKsd.196950$HA.12153@attbi_s01, Maskman
wrote:

Probably discussed here all the time but then again I'm not here all the
time. Can I get some suggestions for muff type hearing protection. I have
a small basement workshop crammed with noise making tools. I have a pair of
Thunder 29's but the headband has broken and thus they don't fit as well.
Thanks in advance.
Jerry