Mike John

Default Cutting the back off a ceramic cistern lid?

"T i m" wrote in message =
Hi friends,
=20
Our friends have recently moved into a new (to them) place and I have
been helping them 'sort out' some of the little (mostly bodged by the
PO) jobs.
=20
One such (I noticed when in the bathroom making the toilet seat fit
properly .. hinges on the wrong way round and most the screws loose
..) was that the ceramic cistern lid won't sit on the cistern
properly?
=20
This it turns out is because the PO tiled over the tiles (I personally
hate that) and didn't allow room for the lid to go back properly
sigh?
=20
So, we (I) could either cut the back off the lid using? (diamond disk
cutter on my angle grinder?)
=20
or try to trim the upper layer tiles back using ?
=20
or leave it as it is ... ;-)
=20
All the best ..
=20
T i m
=20

Or unscrew the cistern from the wall and insert spacers to alolow lid to =
fit? (may be tight fit if close coupled but all you need is a quarter =
inch)

Mike