RAM^3

"SteveB" wrote in
news:U48sd.187172$G15.141109@fed1read03:

I want a Dremel tool. Should I buy a standard Dremel, or the top of
the line? What would you do if you had it to do over again? Do I
need all the stuff that comes with the most expensive one, or it just
nice to have around IN CASE I need it? (Like lots of other tools in
my shop.)

STeve

Go for it!

Get the latest-and-greatest top-of-the-line kit:
http://www.dremel.com/productdisplay/Display.asp?SKU=400-6/90 comes with
some very neat goodies!

I have 5 of them at the moment (3 corded VS, 1 2-speed cordless, and a
corded VS clone received as a "free gift" from some mail-order bunch) and
love them for light work in a variety of materials.

2 of the corded units are semi-permanently dedicated to accessory usage:
router and shaper.

I'm always finding new uses for them. G

If nothing else G it makes it easy for kinfolk to supply me with Birthday
and Christmas presents: I'll never complain about duplication!

If you have a compressor, though, you might look into a pneumatic flex-
shaft unit such as the Campbell-Housefield (sp?) PL153000AV or equivalent.
Twice the speed (60K vs. 30K) and no motor housing to mess with.