RichardS

Default SDS - DeWalt or Makita & Difference between SDS & SDS Plus

"Seri" wrote in message
Those were the models. I had a quick look at the dm-tools website and the
Makita would be £5 cheaper, the only problem is that they don't also stock

'cheap-as-chips' power planer, meaning paying postage to ScrewFix this
costing more than the initial saving.

Still, a good website to bookmark for future comparisons.

Thanks )

Seri

I'm fortunate to have them as my local toolshop, not good on the wallet if
you set foot in the door though.

Yes, they don't do own-brands, NuTool, Kress, Ferm and the likes. Small
selection of DIY B&D stuff, but that's about it (and stern warnings about
trade use of them and the likelyhood of refunds!!!).

I agree, you've got to look at the total price of the order, which kind of
swings it in this case.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at