Bruce L. Bergman

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:41:10 -0330, "VW Golf Cart"
wrote:

Hi, not really related to the topic, but thought someone should have some
knowledge on the subject.

I have a compressor, but the tank is too small. Just wondering if I can
retro fit the compressor on Hot Water Boiler tank? They are rated at 150psi
wp and 300psi tp.

No way. Air receivers are built a lot more stout than water heater
tanks, because a water tank failure usually isn't catastrophic, and an
air receiver usually is. Go look at film of a steam boiler explosion
sometime, there's a whole lot of energy that wants to get out in a
hurry - air isn't quite as nasty as steam, but it still goes BOOM!

I'd go locate a rated air receiver tank and add it in series with
the existing unit, as in downstream. You could put a refrigerated air
dryer unit between the two tanks and install a restrictor orifice or
flow regulator at the drier input, so now you have a large reserve
tank of dry air after the drier. (And the drier works better without
having to supply flow surges past it's nominal capacity.)

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545